Optimising First Mile’s homepage for sales and user experience.
Waste and recycling
First Mile is no ordinary waste management company – they’re champions of the circular economy.
What we did
How do you communicate your range and optimise conversions when you’re famous for bins?
- Our research started with a full expert review of the current homepage and a deep dive into analytics and heatmaps.
- We took to the streets and spoke to real small businesses to build a picture of our persona’s needs, pains and expectations.
- User testing provided specific feedback on new homepage candidates to help us narrow, refine and iterate.
- Card sorts helped consolidate the IA into a structure based on what users expect and terms based on language they use.
- The new homepage and everything we learned along the way sets a strong direction for a full rebrand and redesign to come.
Responding to user feedback:
We built a design system around First Mile’s brand identity, with more visible products, benefits and price signposts